- 1 Rohit Sharma: Hitman with so many opportunities
- 2 Rohit smacks three double tone centuries in Cricket Career
- 3 Rohit Sharma International Cricket Career at a Glance
- 4 Rohit Sharma’s IPL (Indian Premier League) career statistics
- 5 Rohit Sharma’s Ups and Down in his Cricket Career till Now
- 6 Indian Premier League bidding: Rohit auctioned at whopping Rs 15 crores
Rohit Sharma: Hitman with so many opportunities
Rohit Sharma is a magnificent Indian player who needs no introduction in international cricket. Sharma was born on 30 April 1987 and raised by his grandparents and uncles because of his father low income. The 30-year-old man shattered many records. He had the tremendous passion for the cricket and he did not allow his poverty to stop him achieving his goal. He himself is a notion that, despite all the ups and downs of the life, how he emerged and achieved success and fame. He is the man who lifted himself and turned into a millionaire from nothing.
Rohit initially joined a small cricket academy in 1999 with the help of his uncles and their friends. At that time, He was an off-spin bowler. He was only 11 years old when Dinesh Lad first saw him and became his coach. According to Dinesh Lad, Rohit always had the potential to grow, only he had to apply his mind in the right direction. Rohit changed his school and joined Swami Vivekanand International School as the coach told about the better training facilities of the school. Dinesh got him a scholarship for four years as it was very expensive for Rohit at that time. This was the time when Dinesh diverted the Rohit Sharma attention to batting recognizing his mettle in that.
In school level tournament, Rohit started doing exceptionally well with his bat and finally, he got his selection into the Mumbai Under 17 team with his better performance at the Giles and Harris Shield school. He became the main leading run scorer in the Under -17 and Under-19 teams. He was famous for his mighty knocks. He got his first domestic debut for India-A in 2006 and International debut in 2007 against New Zealand at the age of 20. He is the most reliable opener after Sachin, Saurav, and Sehwag. Rohit Sharma is the highest run scorer in an ODI as of now. His Coach Dinesh always told Rohit Sharma to remain focused and then only he will burgeon.
Rohit smacks three double tone centuries in Cricket Career
He used to practice a lot and finally he got denominated with the name Hitman. His nickname Hitman first came into limelight when he scored 209 against Australia in 2013 and Ravi Shastri called him Hitman. When he is all set, he can fling the ball anywhere and to any part of the ground. He has remarkably cemented his Hitman image by smacking three double century in his name. He again scored 264 and 208 against Sri Lanka in 2014 and 2017 respectively. Rohit holds the rare record of holding three centuries in ODI cricket. He has fixed his position in the history to notch the three double centuries.
In all records of Rohit Sharma, the cricketer also owns the record of highest score of 264 runs against Sri Lanka. He has elegant ability to blow away his opposition. He does not like to spare the bowlers, no matter how long the boundary is. It is delighted to watch when he smashes sixes and four through his malleable wrists. He really has the knack to find the gap and his three impeccable centuries already prove his batting abilities. All in all, 3 out 7 double hundreds scored in ODI, his name on the honors list with Sachin Tendulkar, Martin Guptill, Chris Gayle, and Virender Sehwag give nearly half to Rohit Sharma all records list.
Rohit Sharma International Cricket Career at a Glance
- Rohit Sharma was the highest scorer in a T20 in 2015, but his record was again broken by K.L. Rahul in 2016. And it was reclaimed again by Sharma himself on Dec 2017 to save it again in Rohit Sharma all records.
- Sharma has the record of most runs by four and sixes. He has the record of highest number of fours and sixes in ODI match, that is 33 and 16 respectively. He has highest score record in Kanpur, a hat-trick in the IPL, highest score against Australia in Australia, breaking the same record of Viv Richards in Australia.
- In 2017, he had the highest number of six record that is 66. He has joined the fastest century with David Miller in T20. He has the highest percentage of runs scored in boundaries by superseding the previous percentage of 88.5 by Paul Stirling. In all his records, He is the fifth player with two T20 international centuries after Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Colin Munro, and Brendon McCullum.
- He also knocked the highest Indian score of 118 in T20. He was the highest Indian ODI scorer in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. He was the Indian highest T20 scorer in 2015 and 2017. Rohit holds an amazing record of hitting the highest number of four and sixes in T20.He is the third player to hit the most number of 150s in ODI reaching the level of David Warner, Sachin Tendulkar. Initially, Sachin was only on the list. He is also the most successful player of IPL and has an unprecedented record of finishing the match by hitting the six at last ball.
Rohit Sharma’s IPL (Indian Premier League) career statistics
- He is among the few players who have scored more than 4000 runs in the IPL. Rohit Sharma career in IPL gave him huge success when in 2008 Sharma was endorsed by the Deccan Chargers franchise which offered him US$750,000 highest in the interest of Rohit Sharma IPL Price. He played as a leading run scorer with 404 runs in IPL 2008. He got a retention again in 2009 when he became the vice-captain of Deccan Chargers.
- Rohit Sharma IPL career made him the most valuable person as he was sold for US$2 to play for the Mumbai Indians. Sharma first IPL century is against the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2012 in which he also got the man of the match. He was the Mumbai Indian captain in 2013, as Ricky Ponting was not playing due to poor form. It became the most successful year of Rohit Sharma as Mumbai won the IPL title in a terrific way for the first time. Rohit maintained the strike rate of 131.54 with 538 runs in 19 matches.
- He led the team again in 2015 and Rohit Sharma IPL career record again gave him a winning title under his captaincy. He was also the man of the match in the final. In 2017, He again played as the captain of Mumbai Indians and successively won the final third time. He is the only skipper to reach and win the final in IPL three times. Rohit has proved himself as the most prolific batsman in all the formats of cricket. There are only few who could match his striking abilities.He is highly elegant and graceful batsman. He is regarded as the special talent with his three times two double centuries in ODI.
- He was given ESPNcricinfo which is the best ODI batting performance award for the year 2013 and 2014. In 2015, He again won ESPNcricinfo for the best T20 batting performance. In 2015, He was also awarded by Government of India with the Arjuna Award for his outstanding achievements in International Cricket. All records of Rohit Sharma the cricketer make him the best batsman of all format.
- Rohit Sharma IPL 2018: Mumbai Indians retained all its core in Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 team. Mumbai Indian misses the Harbhajan Singh and their dashing all-rounder Hardik and Jasprit are in. Keiron Pollard and Krunal Pandya will be in close by. Mumbai picks the Australian Jason Behrendorff, Delhi left-arm pacer Pradeep Sangwan, and left arm sensation Mustafizur Rahman of Bangladesh. Australia’s Pat Cummins and Bumrah, they both are the Mumbai ’s biggest strength considered for 2018. Mumbai has definitely made the best bunch.
Rohit Sharma’s Ups and Down in his Cricket Career till Now
Rohit Sharma married his good friend and manager, Ritika Sajdeh on 13 December 2015. He could be considered as a God Gift to Indian Cricket after the Tendulkar era. After Sachin, Indian required a replacement as they were looking for the same similarity with the gone-by time. In Rohit Sharma Career, he had an unbeaten triple hundred at the Ranji trophy when the first spotlight came on him. His free-flowing strokes were whispered in the domestic crickets. Yuvraj Singh’s injury gave him the opportunity to play in T20 with the last minute emergency call.
It led him to one step further as he stroke a half century in that. His startling maturity started replacing the missing nostalgia with the ability of his effortless and stroke making capabilities with a wide variety of shots. Having such a repertoire, he was selected for the ODI team after a bursting game in T20 and an excellent Ranji Trophy Record. In the limited overs, he got the extension with his noticeable performances in CB Series and T20. But If we look back at his career, It was the IPL which helped him to make a place in reckoning and stopping him discarded like many another young talent who emerge into national cricket and do not reach the highest level.
Rohit Sharma IPL career runs had a figure of 350 each time to prove his worth in the first two years. In 2011, he was appointed for Mumbai Indians and he is maintaining his consistency since then being the skipper of the franchise with the whopping Rohit Sharma price. Before IPL, Critics were pointing out that he had trouble playing the short ball or had too many shorts for the same ball and he failed to make for the 2011 Cricket World Cup. Rohit Sharma came as an opener with the limited-overs tour of Australia in 2016.
He smashed back-to-back hundred and also scored 99. He got the confidence of his selectors. This was the time when he became able to put down the bowling attack in a slow and steady manner. Rohit also showed his improved performance in Test. Rohit Sharma Cricketer Career had a fruitful season with the third ODI double-century against Sri Lanka. His performances eventually improved by leaps and bounds and he capped off 2017 in a loud manner. He is a technically sound batsman now. He is the man who improvised himself against the red ball with a higher degree of patience.
Indian Premier League bidding: Rohit auctioned at whopping Rs 15 crores
Rohit Sharma all records in 2018 is expected high as Mumbai Indians decided him to lead the squad again. Indian Premier League (IPL) which is known to be world highest cash-rich T20 will begin again with 11th edition in Mumbai. Mumbai Indian decided to retain the skipper at Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 auction price for Rs 15 crore.
In the retention event, He is the second captain to keep on holding and defending the title successively. It is believed that 2018 is bound to be his year with his form and consistency towards the end of the year. Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 cost is totally justified with his dangerous and impeccable batting ability. He is the man who clears the fence with ease.
The best part is, he starts slowly then pick up the tempo with six hitting ability which is the more than making big since the start. Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 score is considered to be very high because of his past experience and performance. He has maintained to be a third highest run scorer of the tournament history tagging 4,207 run at an average of 32.61and strike rate of 130.89. Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 rate make him the costlier person of the season once again along with all-rounderHardik Pandya(11 crores) and bowling specialist Jasprit Bumrah(7 crores).
Popular Searches:- Rohit Sharma match score today, today cricket match Rohit Sharma score, Rohit Sharma IPL 2018,Rohit Sharma IPL 2018 price, Rohit Sharma ipl 2018 auction price, Rohit Sharma ipl 2018 team, rohit sharma ipl 2018 rate, rohit sharma ipl 2018 cost, rohit sharma ipl 2018 score, rohit sharma career, rohit sharma career in ipl, rohit sharma